MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Jackson, Minnesota...



Rest area in Minnesota... or maybe still Wisconsin.. earlier today. It's made out of some kind of rock or slate, and was quite beautiful. That's the obligatory Highway Patrol Officer, with requisite shades, heading inside.

I'm in Jackson Minnesota, as the title implies. Today was a glorious day of driving. It was relaxed, sunny but cool, unhampered by traffic or crowds. I love this kind of travel day.

I crossed the Mississippi again, nearer to it's beginnings (which I believe to be a small spring in Minnesota, but you can check to see if I'm right if you care). I took a small video, but haven't been allowed to upload it yet.. maybe later. I remembered this rest area that's right on the river. You can see a dam (and I imagine there are many) in the video, but not in the picture. There has been a lot of weather here lately, and lots of flooding, but the Mighty Mississippi keeps on rolling. hmm... sounds like a good song there somewhere.

The Mississippi.. fun to type.

The rest area at the Mississippi... I just wanted to type Mississippi again.(grin)

There are bluffs along the river, probably cut by it, but only on the west side... Who knows, they might have helped shape it's flow. After a bit, there is the flat land once again.

Lower Wisconsin and Minnesota, where I-90 runs is loaded with more open space and huge farms. Cows in attendance, they rise above the flatness with their huge barns and silos. QUITE pretty.


So I'm firmly ensconced for the night, and tomorrow it's South Dakota, with all it's charms (and, in spite of the sere appearance, it has lots and lots of charm!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home