MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Who Needs a Leash.... Oh Wait! I KNOW!


This was the only "dog into knee" picture I could find, so it isn't applicable to my situation, but it WAS a golden retriever, so....

Yesterday morning as I was driving to the bank, I saw a beautiful golden retriever running berserkly in and out of the main drag that runs in front of my house. It's a busy street and a VERY busy time, and I feared for the puppy's life. I saw a woman running, leash in hand, unable to stop the puppy.

So I stopped. Every time she got near the excited young dog, it ran joyfully away from her, enjoying the game and, as with most goldens, totally oblivious to the danger. I got out and called the dog, figuring maybe it would come to me in curiosity and I could catch it for her. It came, puppy like, to check me out. I reached out and it SLAMMED INTO ME, FULL SPEED AHEAD DAMN THE TORPEDOS and all the rest of that stuff.

And never stopped.

This wouldn't have been a bad thing except for the fact that it was a LARGE puppy and I was planted firmly on my left leg.

You all remember my left leg.

It's the one with the bad knee.

Which, remarkably, is much worse right now.

sigh...

it really really really hurts...

She finally caught the puppy with the usual lame excuse "He always just goes from the front door and jumps in the car"...

Good thing it wasn't her 4 year old kid...

But then I think I could have caught a 4 year old...

sigh..

2 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn it! I'm so sorry the doggie smashed into your leg.
You tried to do a nice thing, and now you must suffer. That blows.
Feel better soon.

Peebs

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bright side, Miz: this is the perfect opportunity for you to try out some medical marijuana. :-)

Peebs again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home