MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Monday, July 20, 2009

Where Were You... ?



Hawaii.

That's where I was when Man first walked on the moon. I was enchanted. Enthralled. Enlightened. Exuberant. Exhilarated

and ultimately exhausted.

I must have called my Dad 7 or 8 times as the event unfolded, even though the rates for a phone call from Hawaii to California were exorbitant in 1969.

Most of you won't recall it clearly, as you were too young, but I was a fully grown adult, and the anticipation was unbearable.



I remember Sputnik, flying over MY HOUSE (it seemed) in 1957 or 58. It was somehow unnerving. I think about that and am amazed that we could see it over Los Angeles, but the ambient light at that time wasn't as strong as it is now. You could see the stars then.

But to walk on the moon...

What a thrill...

5 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was watching it with my Dad from our living room...nowhere near Hawaii. :-)

I was Excited, Elated, and Engrossed in every moment.

...oh, I was also Eleven. :-)

Peebs

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

Oh peebs... you made me smile.

and that's why I love you.

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you too, sweetie! :-x

Peebs

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

awww....

I'm making reservations this week for October...

oboyoboyoboy!

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! I'm looking forward to it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home