MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Thursday, September 18, 2008

This Beautiful Blue Planet...

When I used to teach, I would occasionally digress (ha! me???) during a regular lesson to add a life lesson...

Kind of like icing...

One of my favorite topics was how, as a child, I had never seen a picture of Earth from 'above', so to speak. We thought we knew what it looked like, and, if I remember, the prevailing theory involved a sort of oatmeal look due to the cloud cover.

When we first saw pictures, the world was blown away by how



blue

we were...

and how

beautiful

and then we saw her at night...





and she only became more beautiful, dressed in all her lights




The first picture is listed as the first full photo of the earth from the moon... August 23, 1966. Since we weren't ON the moon until 1969, I'm assuming this was taken as we 'flew by', so to speak. I was 22.

I'm younger than that now....

1 Comments:

At 4:24 AM, Blogger Janet James said...

WOW! That's purty!

Wish I had some earrings that looked like that first picture. It would make me look so worldly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home