MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Art Project....

I am in a 'creative' mood... or something. I now have several small picture frames and boxes that are going to hold some pictures and objects. One of the projects is to create a display for some of my fossils. I have some really neat stuff, including a slice of a fossil that is 2.5 BILLION years old. That's Billion with a B.

Unless, of course, you're one of those 6,000 year old planet people...

Then they're just some pretty rocks (grin).

Just a note. I have a penchant for sticking pictures on the wall and then hanging empty frames over them. The first one my sister saw she asked how I got the matting to match the wall paint..

It's easy when it IS the wall paint.

This is one of my favorites. I LOVE this porch. I can smell the magnolias and hear the cicadas... or is it the other way around...

hmmm....



The most recent one is my Titanic picture (signed by Millvinia Dean, the last survivor )

This is a work in progress. I am still going to add some small pictures that I really like that show some neat parts of the ship.

But here it is so far...

4 Comments:

At 5:22 AM, Blogger theshriek said...

I had no idea that you were an arteest! Both of those are beautiful.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Janet James said...

Well, what do ya know! I have learned something today. I had never thought about putting the picture directly on the wall and putting the frame around it. Now that's a home decorating tip worthy of Martha Stewart.

You're just chock full of hidden talent, ain't ya?

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

aww... I'm just lazy. This way they never have to be adjusted!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Claireadactyl said...

I remember being in 4th grade and you were subbing for Miss O. We were learning about the Titanic and you said, “Some day you guys will hear about the last Titanic survivor dying.”
When Millvina Dean died in 2009, I totally thought about you.
Fuck. WHY couldn’t I have found this blog like 10 years ago?!
So many things we could have talked about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home