MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Last of My Grandfather's Women...



OK... I found a picture of Marge, my grandfather's last wife. Of course HE'S in the center of the picture. I'm putting this sometime in the mid 60's, judging from the rear end of the car. Someone out there will know what car this is, but I can't put my finger on it right now. They lived in a trailer park, which may account for my 'admiration', as I would love to live in something similar..

It would have to move easily, though.

It's not a great picture of her, but we didn't see a lot of them. I only remember her as older. They got an apartment before he died, which made her feel a bit more secure and settled. I used to go up there and take her to lunch and listen to her tell about the families. She was the keeper of the genealogy. She put together most of what I knew about my family before I started my own research, and gave me the list of my entitlement to be a DAR if I wanted.

hmm...

Can you imagine me as a member of the DAR organization?... It seemed just a little .... well... establishment. Yes?

Of course, I'm OLDER now, so ....

hmm....

3 Comments:

At 2:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I love them old photos. I think the car is a 1957 Pontiac Star Chief, definitely a Pontiac from that era!

 
At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And HA! You in the DAR. I can just picture it.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

It was the tiny tea cups that drew me to it..

and, simultaneously, away

sigh...

a conundrum

(wanders off, singing "tea for two and two for tea")

 

Post a Comment

<< Home