MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ok, Now That We've Established My Brilliance....



I have, in my bedroom, a wall that must be at least 20 ft long. The REAL window 'opens' to a fence AND the badminton club (and it's wonderfully deranged children). I decided that I had to do something on the long wall, so I took two posters and a set of shutter door panels, some wall paper glue, a couple of 1 x 2 inch 'boards, and a saw and went to work.

Now I have these cool windows (grin)...

Each section is a little over 5 ft long, so it really fits on the wall. I specially like the trees, because it looks like you could walk out on that porch and sit and watch the ocean...

sigh...

These are not the greatest photos, but I couldn't get a shot without a reflection, so there's no flash (which blurs them a bit)



Oh, and another wall poster. This is purported to be the only picture of a dirigible 'hooked up' to the Empire State Building. Apparently someone thought it would be a great idea to have a docking port up there for blimps to unload passengers. The first (and only ) time they tried it lasted for minutes. Seems it's a bad idea to try to hook up a huge balloon and have a long stairway leading down some 1200 ft above the ground.

Makes sense to me!

So I don't know if this is real or someone's impression (although it looks original) of the event. If you notice, I stole the outside frame from this for the Titanic picture.. it's not missed, because this is behind the front door..

2 Comments:

At 4:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, you're brilliant! The wall deco looks mah-velous!
Hope you and the kitties are all doing well.
Peebs :-x

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brava! I really love the effect! You never have to worry about taking in the patio furniture, either!

SMOOOOOOOOCHHHHHH!

The Anonymous, Sweatin' St.J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home