MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Had Enough?... Maybe Not...



Taken September 3, 2008


To all my friends in the South (and some recent parts of the Midwest), I'm sorry..

But I do recall MOST of you asking for more rain..

No...
you DID..

just think for a minute...

and remember this incredible perfectly horrific example of a hurricane...



Not the one that I traveled through in 1988 ( I had to go up to Dallas to get through it, and still hit the outer bands).. Hurricane Gilbert...

Hurricane Gilbert had the lowest sea level pressure (888 Mb) ever recorded in the Western Hemisphere. Gilbert was a category 5 hurricane when it made landfall over Cozumel, Mexico, then later weakened to a category 3 storm before making it's second landfall over northern Mexico. Gilbert's northeastern track into Texas and Oklahoma caused $40-50 million in damages from the more than 29 tornadoes reported. Coastal regions in Mexico received 5-10 inches of rain. A total 318 people died due to the effects of this storm.


No fun...

I have a picture I found but cannot seem to refind, that shows Gilbert from Space. I know EXACTLY where I was at that time..
following that same old big trucker to break the wind and rain so I could see...

As I've said, do as I say, not as I do...

Cool Gilbert picture, but you've got to go and borrow the 3-D glasses from the kids (grin).

2 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Casey said...

HI
I am in the south, but the rain still has not come to us, and you are right,those of us who are on water restriction were hoping some of the rain would reach us.
But it didn't...

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

hmm... and I thought I'd sent rain to everyone.

Well, hang on , cuz I'm not through yet! (grin)

It will...

Would I lie to you??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home