MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Monday, September 29, 2008

No Phone, No Pool, No Pets..


The entrance to the campground...

I'm in Big Sur in a cute little cabin. I will post more tomorrow, but right now I need to eat and then sit somewhere. Coming up that road is exhausting.

I am reminded, even tired, how much better camping is than cabins... at least price wise!

I can, however, stand up in it!

Oh yeah.. good thing I didn't bring kitties.. The fires up here have driven things out of the hills... apparently a cougar(?) mountain cat thingy came in the window of some couple's house trying to get their cat. The cat is STILL under the bed...

4 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Janet James said...

Oh goodie! You're off on another road adventure! Sorry I missed your call today, but I was snoozing after a hard day at work and all my joints and knees were on fire. Those damn happy pills I take just put me out like someone knocked me over the head with a hammer. I'll try to catch up tomorrow! Consider yourself warned......

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

um... it's only a short trip. Just to Big Sur and home. My knees refused to let me crawl around in the back of the van this year...

go figure..

Maybe you and I should rent a motorhome and travel in style...

If I can count on you to watch for HURRICANES AND TORNADOES !!

Oh wait...

Maybe I can't...

hmmm

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yehaaaaa! I didn't realize until you'd called that you were on the road....

Dang, now I've got Roger Miller dancing around in my head....

He's got big feets, too...

I'm glad you're on the road but really sorry that we're not going to see you! In case you do decide to throw caution to the winds and set out for the open road, we're having our big housewarming shindig on the 18th. Al's making a 10 gallon vat of chili (I'm not kidding) and we've bought a fire pit ...hmmm, I wonder what the flatulence vector/methane thermodynamic factor of 30+guests, X10gallons of bean-laden chili and a fire pit would be?

I envision a crater where our bungalow used to be

I'm loving you blogs and the pics.

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOCHHHHHHHHH!

St. J posting anonymously.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

Just watch Blazing Saddles... you'll get an idea of the outcome of your feast! ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home