MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Anderson's Split Pea Soup...


I love the look of the long, silveryellow stalks against the dark rocks... on the way down from Big Sur.


For as long as I can remember, the Anderson Split Pea Soup signs have littered the 101 highway for, used to be, 100 miles in every direction. The little soup kitchen has grown to a very nice restaurant, gift shop, and motel.

All because of a pea...

Short post.

I'm in Buellton, just north of Santa Barbara...

I'm liking these slow driving days. No more 450 mile days for me...

nope...

not this kid..

well....

Some friends along the way.



awww..



it's a rock squirrel... I know.. it's small, but cute!


and a fire. This was outside of San Luis Obispo. It wasn't very big (but larger than it looks) and they had planes and helicopters throwing water on it in a frenzy. The smoke went from black to white almost before my eyes. I tried to get a video of the planes and stuff, but it was too far away.




It's always fire season in California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home