MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Rain, Rain... Here to Stay....



The BRIDGE OF THE GODS... Connects Oregon and Washington.

So... I’m at the Cascade Locks, in Oregon. It’s been raining very very steadily since last night. I’m all snug in my little cozy house, having had a VERY expensive, pretty lousy brunch at the Multnomah Falls place. I didn’t think about it being Sunday and all.. Hell, I don’t even know the date!

Oh well, it was really pretty at the falls, rain and all.



A somewhat obscured picture of the falls... it was RAINING, you know...

I met my neighbors, Kurt and Shirley. (surely you can’t be curt is how I remember it). They were very nice and stayed another night because of the Portland Weather. I’ve been hearing about some nasty accidents out of there.

I drove across the "Bridge of the Gods" to Washington, and a little town called Stevenson. I think that is where the fires were just lately. It was a pretty little town, far nicer than this one, and had a nice market where I got a half turkey sandwich (assuming I eat anything tonight.. belch... )



Crossing the bridge...

later....

Ok.. someone raise their hand and tell me how much fun there is to be had camping...

Shit...

I turned on my little heater, and it quit. I figured that I should use the adapter to increase the amps. While I was at it, since I had to get all suited up to go outside, I thought I’d go pee. There was a little lean-to with some old chairs in it. I sat down to watch the rain, it was so pretty. There was a reason they were out back.. the chair collapsed sideways. I went down on my ... wait for it... knees. No harm no foul so far.. I tried to get up, but my long rider’s coat was under the chair, and I had to shrug it off to get up and fell again. This time it hurt.. some on my bad knee... but most on my right.

my GOOD knee , of course.

sigh..

I could feel the hematoma moments later.

So, I’ve had ice on it .. it’s not a BIG thing, but kneeling on that knee hurts. I think I’m going to have to hop around the back of my van on one knee for a while.

Oh for a video camera..

and I’m still belching up bits of breakfast...

and maybe (ahem! Allison!!) maybe fighting a cold..

Are we having fun yet? (grin)



The sternwheeler... you can see it taking a cruise in the 'on the bridge' picture...

Just a thought... the picture below is of the Columbia river near where it can be accessed in Oregon. I am always amazed at how big the river, and how dry the land on either side. It must not be worth harnessing at this point, because things flourish where they've tapped into it..

go figure..


1 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaagh! Camping! Rain! Falling down! Bad breakfast!!!!

Come back to SoCal. All is forgiven!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home