MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sometimes You Get Very Lucky....




My feet... tapping to the music from the rodeo.... or not....

Ok... first, let me tell you about last night. Not ONLY was there the rodeo next door, but the temperature dropped to around 30 degrees...

whoopee!

I could hear the announcers of the rodeo quite clearly, even with the doors closed. Admittedly they were quite funny, but it did get a bit old as the NIGHT wore on... and on... and on... Those rodeo people, they sure know how to party.

I had breakfast at the ONLY place to eat (well, as far as I’m concerned) in Sisters. Only had to wait a little bit. Then I found a wifi spot and posted!

Today I was driving from Sisters to... well, wherever. My plan was to get to Ukiah (yes, there is one in Oregon, too), where there was a state park. Now the drive from Sisters to East of Sisters anywhere is pretty sere... it’s high desert, no more no less, with a couple of trees and some pretty rocks thrown in for good measure. It was endless...

As I approached a little town called Mount Vernon (yes, there is one in Oregon, too) I noticed a little wayside on the map, so I skipped the turnoff to Ukiah, and went a mile or so out of my way to take a pee break (yes, they have THOSE in Oregon, too). Right beside the large park and wayside, was a little state park campground that was just delightful! It was small and very pretty and so green that it seemed to be an oasis in the countryside... $17 a night, electricity and the obligatory separate shower. I was in heaven! I didn’t want to drive the 120 miles to Ukiah, and I’m not on a schedule, so I stopped...




campground...



more campground..



Best move I've made all trip, and totally unexpected. The weather was cool but not cold, and all the trees are different and labeled. Someone had taken great care of this place in a teeny tiny town.




The back of my campspace...

Hooray for me!

OH! on the way from Sisters, about 70 miles into the trip, I saw a little turnout, right in the middle of nowhere, and I DO mean nowhere. I thought something was wrong with the tree, and I looked closer.

Shoes.....

Many, many shoes...

I have no idea why...

I can postulate, but it would do no good...





You will not believe what I had to go through to post this!

2 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a SHOE TREE!

bwahhahahahahahah!

(...will refrain from temptation for further bad puns...will refrain from temptation for further bad puns...will refrain...)

:)

Anonymously, St.J

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

meh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home