MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Molly and Polly...



I stopped to see an old friend today. I didn’t expect her to be here, as she lives in Portland. She has a house on the lake. A BEAUTIFUL house on the lake which she rents out much of the year. She was actually my sister’s friend. Her older sister was mine... We called her and my sister Molly and Polly and the Mom’s made matching outfits for them. TOO cute. She was here because a Feng Schwing (whatever) expert told her she should not live in her condo in Portland for 49 days...

hmmm.... Hope everything is there when she gets back!

It was great talking to her. It was wonderful on the porch overlooking the lake. It was MARVELOUS that she let me use her shower!!! A REAL shower in a warm room... hot water...


sigh...

Then I moseyed around Joseph. I took some more pictures and visited the shops and had a grilled cheese sandwich with homemade soup. All in all a great day!

More pictures...



The cowboy...



The man and his dog. I love this one, but can’t seem to get a really good shot of it... This will have to do.

The eagle at the top of the page. This is the ‘greeting’ sculpture, as it stands on the incoming edge of the town. It’s graceful and gorgeous.

As am I, of course....



An old Barn. I drove out of town and went to the cemetery. I like cemeteries, but this one was... ordinary. On the way there, a small border collie ran out and chased me for a bit. I thought I was going to hit him! On the way back, I slowed waaay down. There he was, just sitting on the edge of his property.... waiting.... watching...

So I stopped.

He ran off...

All bark and no bite, the little coward!

1 Comments:

At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the barn!!!!

Ahhhh...warm showers - the ONE thing I refuse do go without when camping. Of course, a laundry facility helps, and a nice lake to swim or canoe in, and an air mattress....

:)

Sorry about the grogginess when you called. Couldn't sleep (see the blog on the outcome of my Sleep Study or I'll fill you in by phone at some point). Took an Ambien about 2hrs before you called; that's why I sounded like Foster Brooks - albeit a few octaves higher.

Sleep warm. Eat well. Read. Take photos and think of us.

SMOOOOOOOOOOOCHHHHHHH!!

St.J posting anonymously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home