MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Let it Snow... Let it Snow.. Let it... SNOW?



I didn't take this picture... but it's pretty!

I’d rather be lucky than smart..

Fortunately for me, I’m a little of both!

First the lucky stuff.

I left Joseph late today, and stopped by Russell’s to watch some glass work. I took some videos, but I believe I am going to have to have a better wifi to load them. I’m surprised at how big the files! I have wifi tonight, but seem to have trouble logging on to blogger...

go figure...

anyways. As I stopped at the (eep!) Wal Mart in La Grande, I heard SOMEONE say that it was REALLY snowing in the Meacham pass. My original plan was to stay at Emigrant Springs, a stop on the Oregon trail. Emigrant Springs is right at the top of Meacham pass. Russell told me that it would be cold there, and I said “don’t mind the cold”... I called him after driving through the BLIZZARD and said .. “Smart ass”.

I took video of the snow beating on my little van. It was so windy that it was coming straight at me, but because of the wind and the traffic, it wasn’t sticking. I knew when I got to Pendleton that it would stop snowing, as the drop in altitude is great.

So, I was going to stay in Pendleton...

I don’t like Pendleton (I would say I hate it, but that’s so harsh (as pointed out to me by Allison)). I looked at the campground and decided to travel on to Boardman, which is the point at which I-84 picks up the Columbia River. I figured even if the campground was just concrete, it would surpass Pendleton.



It was another oasis. Green... trees... grass... neat campsites and I am backed up RIGHT on the Columbia River. I can’t say enough about the Columbia. This is not the beginning of the river, and I have another... oh... 160+ miles to go to Portland, and then it’s another .. oh... 40+ miles to the mouth of the river. At that point it’s something like SIX MILES WIDE!


We’re talking RIVER here...



My back yard...

Lewis and Clark must have peed their pants...

So that’s the lucky part. The smart part is ...

well.

hmm... let me see..

I’ll come up with something!

A further note... I was able to post today at the Dalles, at a Shiloh Inn (thanks!). I was going to drive through the Portland area tomorrow, but it is apparently going to be innundated with rain, so I'm going to stay about 50 miles out of town for two nights. I might get rain but I will be NOT driving through the storm..

Don't know about Wifi...

2 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

You're having such a lovely trip so far. Shame about the snow. But look what you found! That's a beautiful campsite!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Tristan said...

Such a cool trip ur havin'! And YES, I did get ur postcards, thank u so much! This past week almost everyday I got surprised with a card from u in the mail, loved it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home