MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, January 28, 2007

With Apologies to Laura Joffe Numeroff...

I took today off. My sister and I take breaks every once in a while, which usually give us time to do things and time to feel guilty... When I talked to my sister this morning, I said, "Maybe I should go and just say Hi to Mom" even though I told her last night I wouldn't be here... that discussion led to the following, based on "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"...

I think I’ll take a day off from Mom

Oh wait... .I’ll just drop by and tell her...



If you stop to visit mother,, just to say hello,
you’ve certainly got to know that she’ll certainly have to go

While on the pot you’ll realize her diaper needs a change
and while you check you’ll soon find out a fact that is quite strange

Her diapes and wipes and motley things are low again it seems
( I think someone is filching them, even as she dreams)

And when she’s dry and all fluffed up, you know you’ve got to go
to re-stock all her sundry things, the ones that are so low

So on this day of total rest, you scramble to the store
To buy her strings and sealing wax and then a great bunch more

When you get back it’s time for lunch, and so downstairs you go
Stopping every 13 feet to smile and say hello.

And while she eats you rearrange just like some mother hen
and sort her outfits just in case they’ve mixed them up again

When you’re done and half your day is gone-heaven knows where
Lunch is over and she is off to sit there in her chair

But just before you kiss and say goodbye (don’t count to 10)
It is that time to go upstairs and help her go again


now, all I need are the pictures...

1 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home