MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Are We Having Fun Yet?



My grandparents on my father's side. They were almost 70 when I was born, as my father was older than my mother, and they were 'late' to marry (she was 28... probably considered a spinster!). This was taken at Wrightwood, in 1939. They were having fun in the snow, you can tell by the casual clothing! This is the same grandmother of all the dresses that bonho so loves. She never dressed down... My grandfather's health was never good. He had TB sometime around 1915, and the result was that the effects came around, occasionally, to slow him down.

There are also pictures of Mom and Dad with them... I'm going to have to go scan them, because in looking at them I realized that Dad has this PANTS... you have to see them!



Dad and Mom... Now this isn't the 38 Buick, so it might have been my grandparents car... They stayed for a week, which seems like a long time to stay in the snow in March, but maybe that's just me.

And then, we have my father and his parents... dontcha just love those pants??


oh.....

and not to be ignored...

her HAT!!

delicious!

2 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger theshriek said...

Your Dad looks very dashing! He reminds of the young Warren Beatty in the pic next to your Mom.

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - look at dad's BOOTS..and his cute little pants - right at his waist! =0)
he DOES looking dashing!
very cute...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home