MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Saturday, January 06, 2007

OUCH!!!



(sniffle)...

Ok, this is the first time that donating REALLY hurt. I don't know what happened, but my bet is that the little vampir... um... NURSE went through the vein and hit a nerve..

or something..

I almost threw up, it hurt so bad. I cried... and then, even when it got better, tears kept running down my cheeks.. go figure..

The good news is: there was a little lady in the 'cot' next to me. She was quite quiet. You KNOW that doesn't work with me, so I had to talk to her... as I was heading for the cookies when I was finished, she told me (she wasn't quite done yet) it was her first time! She got tears in her eyes because she was so proud of herself! I made her sit next to me and eat cookies (the perks!) and drink water and told her what SOMEONE THERE should have told her when she entered the room..

I said, " Do you know what you did today? You saved someone's life" ! She got all teary again...

She was 70...

and all she wanted was for someone to tell her she was doing a really good thing.

....

but my arm still hurts...

sigh..

4 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouchie!! I'm sorry that happened, it isn't supposed to hurt like that! How kind & thoughtful of you to tell that great lady about saving lives. Bet you inspired her to give again. Huzzah to you both!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

Peebs...

There is no more iron in my BLOOD than any one else. It stores in my liver and kidneys and brain and the like, but not in my blood. The reason for frequent bloodletting is that it forces my body to make NEW blood, which doesn't have iron..

so my blood is good!

my arm, however, has been better... (grin)

 
At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow.

Did I mention, ow?

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger St.Julien I said...

OH GOD! Darlin' Miz M! I've been there and done that. Owie! I ended up stopping donating because as I've gotten older (and fatter) it's harder and harder for them to get my veins.

I'm donating my brain to Christian Science - does that count?

Oooh! Hugs and a kiss on the arm.

I'm off Friday/Saturday and I'll call you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home