MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

California Christmas....



I am so tired of the heat... I can't get in a Christmas tree kind of mood. I figure anything I get now won't last .. oh.. a week.

sooooo...

I fell in love, this year, with the absolute symbol of California Christmases Past... at least mine. I have spent more 80 degree Christmas days than not in my life, and, though it does make traveling the half mile to my sister's house a great deal easier, it SUCKS!... (not Christmasy at all.. nope... no.. not even a little bit... nope.. uh huh.. nope.. nada... nunca... zed.. )

Well, you get the idea.

With my huge discount, this cost me as much or less than a 'real tree', and it suits my mood this year just right. The only question is..

Snowflakes

or no Snowflakes.. ?





or should I add some tinsel and christmas bulbs??? (ha!)

5 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The snowflakes are excellent...very subtle & tasteful.. Tinsel is tempting, but ultimately tasteless. And no bulbs. Just the flakes.
As Daryl Hannah said while decorating Truvie's porch in Steel Magnolias, you don't want it to look tacky.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

rofl!!!

Phew...

Bless my heart, I wouldn't want to look tacky..
(hee hee)

 
At 3:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the weather. Pthhhfft. Snow's overrated.

I think you should hang at least one ornament off it. Preferably one that ain't flammable.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

Yeah.... you say that, but wait until you've had them all like that...

sigh..

BTW.. the tree is SEVEN FEET TALL!!

bonho.. I'm going to search for the perfect ornament. I do have some of those little mirrored balls... like the 70's dance things??

And I may make longer strings for some more snowflakes..

or not..

depends on my muuuud...

(grin)

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger St.Julien I said...

I'm going to try to find you an ornament that looks like a cocoanut.

I bought myself a tiny, 12" tree in Rome. That's the extent of my decorating this year.

Apologies in advance - I haven't even bought my Xmas cards yet.

SAMOOOOOOOCHHHHHHHHHH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home