MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Missouri on My Mind...



Somehow I think that's another song...

ILS and I had a great breakfast this morning. It's like we've known each other forever... but , of course, we have! We talked and talked and talked for about an hour and a half. Yesterday we talked about Deadwood, today we talked about us... I didn't hit the road until 10:30.. waaaay late for me, although I no longer have a compunction to jump up at 6 and hit the road early..

thank goodness!

Here's one of the things I like about the midwest. Yesterday I went to the market to pick up my ice and fruit and stuff. I saw some Halloween lights and decided to send a couple of strings to my nephew. I got the lights, picked up a mailing envelope, and, as I was leaving, noticed that there was a POST OFFICE IN THE MARKET!...

sigh...

This is what the rest areas look like in Missouri. Again, I am reminded of the states who want you to come and visit. They make you welcome...



Missouri is a beautiful state. Green. Tree laden. Until, of course, you get near St. Louis, and then I was in TRAFFIC for about 45 minutes getting to this campground. It was worth it. I'm staying here for 2 nights (!) because I can't get to see St. Julien until tomorrow... it will be worth the wait.

I met a little couple here with the CUTEST trailer... They are from Alabama (peebs!) and we talked and talked for a long time. I've convinced him they need a computer. I showed them all it can do. We talked some more... Look at this little trailer...



aren't they cute!!

So...

I'm off to shower and read and stuff.

5 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger theshriek said...

That trailer looks like an amoeba. Can you swing a cat in there?

The people look like they are happy and having a good time though.

You seem to be too. -)

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

I am... I am..

and so were they!

I somehow thought of bonho, I don't know why, but I think she'd love to have one of these in her back yard!

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger St.Julien I said...

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! Yipeeeeeeeee!

 
At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, exactly what I was thinking myself, MizM. I'd love one of those trailers in my backyard! I'd call it the "guest house."

Then again, I'm enjoying the countryside where I am so much, I might just buy one and live-n-travel in it. Unless I decide to move here anyway...

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I'm so jealous that you're getting to meet all the Deadwoodians that I'd love to meet! Gah!

Can't wait for you to get here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home