MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Missouri on My Mind...



Somehow I think that's another song...

ILS and I had a great breakfast this morning. It's like we've known each other forever... but , of course, we have! We talked and talked and talked for about an hour and a half. Yesterday we talked about Deadwood, today we talked about us... I didn't hit the road until 10:30.. waaaay late for me, although I no longer have a compunction to jump up at 6 and hit the road early..

thank goodness!

Here's one of the things I like about the midwest. Yesterday I went to the market to pick up my ice and fruit and stuff. I saw some Halloween lights and decided to send a couple of strings to my nephew. I got the lights, picked up a mailing envelope, and, as I was leaving, noticed that there was a POST OFFICE IN THE MARKET!...

sigh...

This is what the rest areas look like in Missouri. Again, I am reminded of the states who want you to come and visit. They make you welcome...



Missouri is a beautiful state. Green. Tree laden. Until, of course, you get near St. Louis, and then I was in TRAFFIC for about 45 minutes getting to this campground. It was worth it. I'm staying here for 2 nights (!) because I can't get to see St. Julien until tomorrow... it will be worth the wait.

I met a little couple here with the CUTEST trailer... They are from Alabama (peebs!) and we talked and talked for a long time. I've convinced him they need a computer. I showed them all it can do. We talked some more... Look at this little trailer...



aren't they cute!!

So...

I'm off to shower and read and stuff.

8 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger theshriek said...

That trailer looks like an amoeba. Can you swing a cat in there?

The people look like they are happy and having a good time though.

You seem to be too. -)

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Infamous Angel said...

I am... I am..

and so were they!

I somehow thought of bonho, I don't know why, but I think she'd love to have one of these in her back yard!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger CanalGal said...

Only two people who really love each other could get along in a space that small! But that trailer is adorable, looks like something Barbie would own. And it WOULD make a cute summer house in the back yard. I want one too!

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger St.Julien I said...

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! Yipeeeeeeeee!

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger bonho said...

Um, exactly what I was thinking myself, MizM. I'd love one of those trailers in my backyard! I'd call it the "guest house."

Then again, I'm enjoying the countryside where I am so much, I might just buy one and live-n-travel in it. Unless I decide to move here anyway...

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Peebs said...

LOL @ Barbie's trailer! *grin*
Cute couple.
I know you don't plan, but, can you give me a hint? Do you think you'll come this way on the way TO the coast, or on the way BACK from the coast? Inquiring (nosey) minds, and all. ;-)

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger pfs said...

What a cute little trailer house! It looks like a doll house for the Jetsons.

Glad you're having a great trip. Maybe maybe maybe maybe it will work out and I'll get to meet you too. Have some more fun and most of all BE CAREFUL and BE SAFE!

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I'm so jealous that you're getting to meet all the Deadwoodians that I'd love to meet! Gah!

Can't wait for you to get here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home