MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Friday, June 30, 2006

Face in the Crowd... um... make that CLOUD...





I was looking for a picture of the view from my Mother's front window (not the one with the beautiful sunrises). I was telling Shrieky about the jacaranda trees.. Ok.. back step one step .

Yesterday I decided to go up and check on Mom's house. My niece and her husband are living there, but they're off to get married in Puerto Vallarta. I took Mom to lunch and then, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS 90 DEGREES, I drove up to Mom's. It's about 12 miles.. it took over 45 minutes on the freeway. I called Shrieky at one point and bitched about the heat and the traffic and how much I hate this city. As I turned up my Mother's street, I saw the Jacaranda trees... and was immediately pleased. I want to have them all over my house when I move where it's quiet and slow and cool... My joy was short lived, however, because as I got to the house I realized, LONG TRIP NOTWITHSTANDING, I didn't have the keys.. they are in MY car, and I had Mom's..

arrrrrrggghhhhhhh!!

AnywayS, Shrieky hadn't seen a Jacaranda tree, so when I came home I tracked down a pretty picture taken of the tree across from my Mother's kitchen.. I'll stick it at the end of this blog..

SOOOO... While I was looking for the picture, I came across this picture. It was taken from my house one weird weather night a while ago. There is definitely a face in this picture. At one point it looks like a large lipped monster, and from another, a huge fish.. it was just eerie, as was the lighting and all..

Here it is 'corrected' lighter so you can see the details...




you just never know what's out there!! (cue Twilight Zone music here)

another view from another window at Mom's..

4 Comments:

At 4:51 AM, Blogger theshriek said...

Lovely tree. Wikipedia says that they are popular in the southwestern U.S.

Sucky drive and beautiful tree. It balances out.

Make that cloud stop staring at me!!!!! -)

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

It was bizarre... I walked to the front window of my house... looked out... and there were these huge eyes, staring at me! By the time I got my camera, they had separated somewhat to this picture, but still...

You're up early... it's a day off!!?

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those fish lips in the clouds!!! That is too weird. Thanks for sharing, I think. If I have nightmares, I'll call ya! heh.

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger St.Julien I said...

Yikes! Looks like Miss Poole, my evil Fourth Grade teacher.

*shudder*

That woman enjoyed nothing more than the scream of a split infinitive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home