MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sew Sew...



My mother and my brother, 1942... This is a hand colored picture, colored by my Mom. She did a lot of this, and occasionally did it for the local photography shop, which earned me a picture in their window when I was about a year old.... an infamous angel even then!

My mother could sew. I've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating, as she could REALLY sew. It was a way of saving money, but I think it gave her greater pleasure than that...

She was very talented. Her mother was an artist, something that I will address soon, as I've found a wonderful picture of my mother that was later replicated by my grandmother. My mother could paint, but I think she found more pleasure in the tactile art of sewing. Creating. Molding. She made outfits for my sister and I that matched, when we were younger, and sometimes they were similar, but not exactly the same. I have video of the grandchildren learning to sew by my mother's hand. As I think I've said before, my sister picked up this talent and is very good at it, but I was too impatient. It's the A. D. D, (grin). I CAN sew, but I refuse to baste and all that stuff, so my creations were ... well... not consistent.

but my mother could really sew..

I will include some more pictures as soon as I scan them, but I have this one ready... She made this suit for my brother...


Isn't he a cutie!

2 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohmigod. I'm in looooooooove with your mother's shoes. Damn, I'll bet she has, like, size 2 feet. Sigh.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

yeah... she had some bodacious shoes. She wears a 7-71/2 now, but I THINK she wore a size 6... I think these are the funkiest...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home