MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Teddy?... is that you?



This is my great grandfather... mother's side. I told you I had a picture of him where he resembled Teddy Roosevelt...

He was the father of the China boy, my grandfather. His father was a Captain in the 5th Massachusetts during the Civil war. He worked for Hedge and company, a firm about which I can find no information.

Ok.. I'm back. I know very little about my great grandfather. I know more, of course about his wife, the doctor. My grandfather wrote his life's story (the little braggart) but included very little about anyone except for himself. They moved a great deal, which seems to be a theme on both sides of the family except for my parents. I guess somebody has to settle down sometime. My great grandparents lived in Auburn Mass when they first returned from China, on the 'Coffin Estate".. I wonder if it's still there... Then several places in Boston, and Muncie Indiana (her family was there), New York City, Bayone New Jersey and Jacksonville Florida... where my father (no relation) was born, later.

And the seasons they go 'round and 'round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We're captive on the carousel of time
We can't return we can only look behind
From where we came

1 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...tap tap tap...

Um, MizM?

You there?

Power back on yet?

Everything copacetic?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home