MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

In My Easter... um... Valentine's... um.. Spring Bonnet...



Another old photograph. I love these not only for the subject matter, but the look of early color photography... and you have to appreciate my mother’s hat... and the nifty little suits. OMG! and the shoes!!

The lady to the right of my mother is my cousin. She’s the wife of the gentleman in the picture of my father (the bottle of booze and football picture). I have no idea where they were headed that day, but I can only figure it was a SERIOUS meeting of some like couture’d ladies.

Her sons were the only cousins with whom we had any real contact. I still see one of them fairly freguently, and the fact that he’s a cousin still suprises me, I don’t know why.

but I do know I like that hat!

4 Comments:

At 6:10 AM, Blogger theshriek said...

I also love looking at the clothes and hats in those old pictures. People seemed to be more formally dressed back then in general. I sometimes wish that I was forced to dress up more often. Then I wonder WTF I am thinking. Can't remember the last time I wore a dress or hose. I love my comfort too much.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

Last time I wore hose... hmm... can't remember, but the last time i wore a girdle was in 1969... I removed it on the flight to Hawaii and that was it! I used to have to WORK in dresses and hose...

eep!

I love my jeans
I love my jeans
I love my jeans

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

(hee hee)

I think the shoes are adorable... unlike today's shoes which tend to make feet look HUGE and pointy and unfeminine... I love the little toes! (starts humming "popsicle toes" as she wanders off)

 
At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you know, I love fashion. Not that you'd know it these days, with my ever-expanding ass schlepping to work in the closest clean thing that fits. Sigh.

I'm digging this immensely! More fashionable photos puhleeze.

Someday we'll go out to lunch. I promise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home