MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Sur la mer...


This is my absolute favorite picture of the Big Sur road, taken at about 7 AM as I try to beat the school bus down the windiest road ever... got to get up early to beat the bus, and if you don't, there's a really good chance you will follow it for a very very LONG time. Or it will SEEM like a long time. This may actually be my favorite picture of anything, although I have some killer sunset pictures that I've taken of my 'mer".

I'm mixing my metaphors again... or at least my languages. Sur means South in Spanish, and Mer means sea in French... So what I sort of have here is the Southern Sea, or South of the Sea. Big Sur is neither, unless you're from San Francisco in which case it IS south and I should just shut up now...

I'm trying to get away for a few days to Big Sur. It is on my top 5 favorite places to be, and more so because it is 300 miles from home and not 1500. The problem is that it's too cold to camp now, not in my little astro, and the cabins at the campground are entirely excessively expensive. I do need a break, tho'... I dearly need a break.

I'm not fond of 'hotel' vacations. I love my little Astro, and am never comfortable in any kind of motel/hotel setting. The cabins at the campground are ALMOST an exception, tho' because they are individual and surrounded by redwood trees and water and solace. So I'm working my way up to taking the plunge.

South of the sea... or the south sea.. or

whatever..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home