MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Surf City... here we come!


There is, apparently, a storm out of Hawaii that is making some huge surf out here. Everyone was down 'to the coast' today at some time to watch it, if they could possibly make it. It was the kind of surf you can't surf at all.. too big and too erratic, I suppose. The air was thick with water vapor, making the coast smell like one huge saline nasal inhalant... hmm.. maybe that's a bad analogy. It sure smelled like the ocean!

The brown stuff is a combination of smog, as it's very warm here, and the wind is off shore, which brings the smog to the ocean. The rest of the color is because they had to burn 70 sticks of dynamite this morning. It was so old it was deemed too old to move, so they burned it... seems a contradiction, but dynamite isn't as dangerous burned as it is blown up. go figure! So that added to the smog. Add it all to the water vapor in the air, and it looks not so pretty beyond the waves. Compare that to the October 16th "By the sea, By the Sea" blog and you'll see what I mean.

I can still hear the waves pounding the shore tonight, and I even think that, every once in a while, I can FEEL that pounding...

I love the ocean when she's pissed...

2 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! My crew has been out shooting water reference for the past two days. I should give you a video camera! Great photo, by the way.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

Ha!.. thanks.. you should hear the surf tonight. It's booming in the front door and bouncing off the wall behind my house... REALLY loud..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home