MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Moonshine glass...


Another favorite thing about Joseph, Oregon, the town in which I wish to live someday is it's proximity to my friend, Russell Ford. Russell is an artisan. Hell, Russell is a god! He makes the most beautiful glass... Joseph is known for artists and their work, much of it in bronze. I own one good bronze piece. I have several Russell Ford pieces. When I move there, I will have this window, which exists only in my mind at this time, in which I can properly display his work...

Russell used to date the skinny girl in that family camping picture taken in 1953, Leslie, one of my oldest and dearest friends. He is, if only judged by the fact that they dated for a while, clearly the most patient and temperate person I know. Leslie, my dear friend, is, at best, a handful... (grin) Now while this certainly doesn't float MY boat, Russell has shown some good sense and has just married this year. Not Leslie. I haven't met his new wife, but I am looking forward to doing so sometime this year.
But this is not about his love life, it's about his exceptional art. I encouraged him to get a website, and even provided the extremely creative black and white picture of Mount Joseph for the opening page. Someone else did the rest of the work, but it is an unfinished page, without size or price range or more pictures...
I'm working on him to work on the website, but he is an artist....

One of the things I DO know about artists is that they are the worst salesmen... especially where their own work is concerned.



So I'm helping out...

as best I can...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home