MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Save the last dance for me...

When I am old I shall
fall
in love for the first and only time.
It will be
the love of a century
two people so electrically charged
that anyone who looks upon us will imagine
that we have been
in
love
forever
years and years of love so intense that it has left marks


they will envy us
every time they think of us

He will be a small man
neat
and precise
with an incredible sense
of humor
and himself
wearing suspenders and
occasionally
a hat

or

he will be large
and
comfortable
with rough calloused hands and a
big heart
warm and less concerned about
the unimportant

or

he will seem ordinary
unremarkable
unique
only to me

We shall spend
a lot of
time
dancing
or
walking in the rain
or
singing in the shower
or
doing all those
things that are associated
with younger lovers

People will comment

We

will only smile...

I enticed my Mom to go on a 'field trip' today with some of the ladies from the assisted living facility. They were going to listen to Big Band music and there would be dancing. Mom is in a wheelchair, which means that it is difficult to get her on the list to do things. and she can't dance... sigh... I sold her on it when I visited this morning, and called her tonight at our usual time (I have to let her know when Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune are on.. or not). She also can't talk. I'd take talking over dancing any day. She did indicate, however, with careful questioning, that she had a good time today. I'm happy now... and sad all at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home