MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Cascade Locks, Oregon

I'm on the Columbia River. This one must have made L and C have to change their pants... Straight to the ocean and no rowing...

Last night a couple pulled in to the campground with a car full of dirty laundry, a wet tent, two dogs and needing a shower. We talked and I petted the dogs (one a little Chihuahua they had found in June). I took a picture after they were showered and dry and all ready to go..


them..

I drove out to Russell's to say goodbye, and SAVED an entire HERD of quail! They kept coming by by the thousands... Ok.. well.. a bunch of they anyway. I took a picture of the place they were headed for. You can see the little bunch of birdies!


birdies..
and about a block down the road, another reason to keep it slow in cow country...

They ain't all behind fences...

Along the river you get a good shot of Mount Hood. It's not as good as I would like, but it disappears too soon to get closer.


Mt. Hood.. you get a good feeling for .how tall it is..
So... tomorrow it's my favorite coast..

OH... my friend, Marsha in Florida, got a new Border Collie about a year or so ago. They should have 2, but couldn't afford it. Last week her husband brought home a little bundle and gave it to her. A miniature Australian Shepherd (I may be mixing up the breeds, but you know me, I'm a cat person). It seems an 82 year old woman got the dog and was too old to keep up with it (those of you who know the breeds can imagine why).. so here are the two, happy as clams... Indie and (the new one) Patty (cuz she was born on St. Patrick's day)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home