MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, October 03, 2010

IN JOSEPH..

Couldn’t post last night other than a short one. A very very long drive. Not so much milage as having to DRIVE. They call the road between Lewiston and Joseph the Rattlesnake road. Not because it’s got lots of rattlesnakes, but because of the way it winds and winds. Kind of like the Big Sur road only nastier. I met a trio of bikers at the top of Lolo pass in Idaho, and they were looking at the map. One asked if any of them had been on that road and, of course, I spoke up.. I told them it was a paved road but it was a bitch... We discussed it for a while..

and that’s what I like about traveling.

At breakfast in my last Cracker Barrel restaurant, I met two girls who were from California traveling back to Iowa. I THINK their names were Julie and Amy, but you know it’s all about me, so I might be wrong.. sigh... I saw them leave the campground in their teeny tiny VW bug with all their tenting stuff on the top. We talked and they loved my van and had to take my picture..

so I reciprocated..

Amy and Julie... I think...

They were cute as bugs and sooo young!

The road through the Bitterroot mountains in Idaho is a great short cut to Joseph, except for the rattlesnake thingy that leads off of it to Joseph. It is a well maintained 2 lane road that goes through the trees and along the rivers that Lewis and Clark (THEM again) took to get to the ocean. At it’s height, it’s prettier than the giant redwoods, as none of the trees have been logged to within 10 ft of the road, so it’s very pristine. They want to take some huge trucks through it at night, each one taking up the entire highway. I have the story and it makes me angry. Just angry...


The road.



One of the rivers along the road.. L and C must have been very happy, as these are wide, smooth rivers with little portage necessary.

and...

I love these trees. I’ve been seeing them all along the road. They are golden yellow except for the tippy tops of them which are still green... so pretty!

OK.. more later...

2 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the last two pictures...very pretty.
Peebs

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous me said...

ooh pretty pictures...cute girls...
Fair is over - i think the kitties will be glad....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home