MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Friday, October 01, 2010

If Ever You're Stuck in Missoula, Montana..

Randy Sparks wrote another song called "If ever you're stuck in Toledo, Ohio, it's like being nowhere at all". I just borrowed the idea...

Missoula is really quite pretty. You round the corner after following several rivers and it's this beautiful valley with trees and water. (Lewis and Clark followed this route.. but it took them a VERY long time).


From the interstate...as usual

The campground is as beautiful as I remembered, but the trees that were bushy and small are now bushy and tall. I took a shower (phew!) and am sitting under the trees reading "Under the Dome" by Stephen King, one of my favorite road writers.


The campground


and that's it. I should be in Joseph, Oregon tomorrow... "the lord willing and the creeks don't rise" and gain an hour along the way.

addendum:
I just spent an hour talking with a retired trucker who's living across the way... until about the 15th when he and his wife go to Yuma, Arizona (yuck!). A man with tales to tell, he's driven 3,000,000 miles across this country. We shared tales and experiences.

and THAT'S why I love to camp.. he also took my new lamp that didn't work well (too wobbly) and was glad to have it... of course I left it on the table looking very very sad (shade all down and sniffly looking) with a sign that said, "free to a good home".

ain't life fun?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home