MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Monday, August 04, 2008

As Al Would Say...



There are no big worlds, only small ones...

Well, he didn't say it, not that I remember, but he should have! Besides, what better reason than that to put such a dreamy picture on this blog...

He's here because the big world/small world thing, which I will explain even as we speak.

Yesterday I went to breakfast in "the second" (El Segundo), and, having a bit of time to spend, stopped at a local antiques shop. This has become a sometimes hobby of mine since the big trip and my WWJD discussion with J... No No.. that's JOYCE, not the other J.

Anyways, this shop had a great deal of old, large furniture... some of it was really great, and I planned a return trip when I had more time. I'm not looking for furniture, but I didn't get a chance to see the 'little stuff' . I was talking to the owner, and we started discussing blogging. I told her that a really good way to have some fun 'advertising' some of her stuff would be to blog about a particular piece and tell a story about it or some other fun information. I returned that afternoon with my computer to show her how easy it was to start one, and had several pages pulled up on mine to show.

This lead to a discussion of the big trip and how and why it came about and Deadwood and... well...

you all know how I can talk...

Turns out that the show purchased a great deal of the furniture used on the show from her antique shop (aptly named Studio Antiques)... it made total sense, as the stuff would have been perfect for the show. We talked about the forums and the characters from the show that often appeared to talk...

She mentioned that she met Ian McShane....

She said she had a picture of the meeting which might or might not have included her husband... she wasn't sure if he was in the picture (her husband, that is) because... well, hell, who would remember anything but those eyes!

So I found another tiny world that fit yet again...

3 Comments:

At 4:41 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh wow. That is so awesome! I bet Alma's home was decorated from stuff there!

 
At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous pic of Ian.

Hi Miz, and turtlegirl!!

Peebs

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

TG... I was thinking the very same thing. It was just 'that kind' of stuff.

and Peebs?,,, I looked all over for jussst the right one. Think it worked?? (grin)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home