MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Dusty Little Earthquake...



You can tell it's a slow news day when a 5.4 earthquake generates CONSTANT COVERAGE in the local news...

Mom and I were headed off to lunch when the Caddy began to act as if one of the cylinders had taken a vacation. I looked around, not being new at this earthquake rodeo, but could not see anything moving untowardly.. I was about to curse the vehicle into oblivion ( I can DO that, you know) when I noticed people exiting buildings and gathering in little groups..

Yep..

an Earthquake...

Mom and I went to lunch in the ALL GLASS LUNCH ROOM anyways, and had fun teasing the tourists...

Well, I did...

Now a 5.4 earthquake in California is rather like an inch of snow in Massachusetts... barely noticible, but the news acted as if THE BIG ONE had just occurred and we were all in deathly peril..

AND IT WAS ALL DUSTY'S FAULT!

Just yesterday, we were talking about nothing of great importance (other than the fact that it was US talking) when she commented, rather casually, that there had been no earthquakes recently..

So, if you live closer to it than we, blame big mouth (grin).



Now.. THIS is an earthquake fault.

The big one.

The San Andreas ...


The reason I won't live in Gualala (that pretty little town I found north of San Francisco) since it is at the VERY BEGINNING OF THIS FAULT..

The one that WILL drop us all off into the Pacific someday.


When that one happens, I'll let you know, but until then, don't pay attention to anything less than a 6.5.. m-kay?

and Dusty??

just be very careful from now on.. I haven't told anyone about you and the midwest floods yet...

oops..

2 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what am I??? Chopped Livahhhh?

We still beat you with our 5.7 last spring, nyah, nyah, nyah.

:)

I'm sitting here at work, eating wayyyyy too much Havarti.

Lots of busy-ness going on here, all of it very, very good.

I'll try not to be such a stranger (altho' I am strange)

St.Julien - Anonymously

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

(takes her large stack of memos and thumbs through them),. 45,... 46... .

Ah. here it is.. back in .. oh... 2005

(holds up Memo for St J. to see)

"St J is declared chopped liver for one week"

hmm... someone must have misread this..

sorry ! (grin)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home