MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Saturday, June 23, 2007

uh oh....


I'm in for it now..

I've discovered Widgets. Little apps that fit on my dashboard. At first I just chose those of a useful nature, but now I've gone bonkers.

I started with Flappie.. that's the little green thingy on the left. I've had him longer than 23 days, but he's only aged that much... I don't know why, but I do remember my trials with tamagotchi on one of my long trips. I kept that sucker alive forEVER, feeding it and walking it and whatever it needed until I finally threw it in the bottom of my purse in a campground in Oregon..

I can still hear the little cries..

So, although I've been really good to this flappie thing, maybe they were friends or something...

Then I got the Tiger.. he's really simple, but he purrs when you give him love, and I kind of need that now.

Then, while researching the stoopid Flappie, I ran across a blog by a very clever girl from the Netherlands. There I learned about the Chrysalis thing. That's the 'chamber' in the middle. it's an evolution 'game' and will give me 'elders' if I have the time and patience. It took me 2 days to get the six eggs. It's done by temperature control... cool water at the top and heat underneath. It's pretty precise, but interesting. The upper picture shows the eggs.. The lower picture was taken after they 'hatched'. It's hard to see the little worm like things because they aren't moving yet. I have to lower the temp a great deal for them to evolve..

So I'm being patient...

Not one of my strong suits...

OH yeah..

I also got a lava lamp! It's pretty and has no other purpose than that...





OMG! I almost forgot the Chi Pet! It's growing green hair!

2 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Tristan said...

lol, i like ur dashboard! Widgets rule!
Wots that bout that clever girl from the netherlands? Sounds like another widget nut ;]

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

I know she's a widget nut, she's responsible for my becoming FIXATED on the chrysalis thingy..

and the chi..

and the tigergotchi ...

and..

and she IS clever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home