MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Observation...


I have breakfast in a little town next to mine.. it's called El Segundo, which means the second. It's not a great location, between the airport and the oil refinery.. and located east of the sewage treatment plant...

Ok.. that came out wrong. It's a sweet little town that reminds me of how Manhattan Beach was many years ago. It's quiet and pretty and quaint. Maybe it's the location that keeps it from becoming an overbuilt zoo like my town.

AnywayS, as I was leaving the other day I noticed a flurry of activity down the street and stopped to see. It was a TEENY tiny house and there were many people milling about doing good things. The town had come together to help a neighbor. They were scraping and painting and having a great time...

I took both pictures with my cell phone so they are not that clear, but you can see the difference a little bit of caring can make..

1 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Gary Petler said...

Hello Marilyn,

What fun reading. It has been many many years. Ed and I were at Fort Ord togeather and later shared a rental house in North Hollwood after Gene Morford moved on.

I might add, your Father was a delightful man.

Gary Petler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home