MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Christo lite...



Enough whining...

Yesterday, after leaving Mom, I noticed some 'flags' on the 'right of way' in Hermosa Beach. The right of way used to be the railroad line that ran through these beach communities. When I moved here, there were still trains that ran infrequently, keeping their rights to the land.

After much hemming and hawing and years of negotiations, the land became the property of Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach. This pleases me, as my house overlooks said right of way, and no homes will ever be built in front of me. Well, not RIGHT in front of me.

So.. to the flags... I noticed that they were not random, but ran along the trail all through Hermosa Beach... and then Manhattan Beach. Careful research gave me the information I so desperately needed..

It's an art project... a congregation, if you will, of school children from all the schools in the area. It's our own little Christo...

It runs for six miles through both cities, and is comprised of thousands of these little orange 'flags'.

I think it's wonderful...



Phone picture...

Hermosa Beach...

a picture... taken with my phone..

(shakes head in amazement)



1 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Niiiiiice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home