MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I Think It's Going to be a Scary Year...



The second big fire in this area in two months. There were 4 fires in Southern California yesterday. The worst was this one, which inundated Griffith Park. It's really sad, because it's such a beautiful area... and oasis in this busy city.

I borrowed this image from a fellow named Daniel Sofer. He takes INCREDIBLE pictures. If you go to the Hermosa Beach Web Cam page there is a link to his thumbnails. I'm going to put a link here (now that I've learned how)... check out some of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen. You can buy them, or send a postcard with them... Many of them are sunset/ocean/beach pictures which make ME want to move here....

  • Daniel Sojer pictures


  • The picture above is of Griffith Park Observatory, which escaped the fire. So did the Zoo (phew!) and the carousel, which has been there forever, it seems...

    One more picture... Sunset reflected on the windows of houses on the Strand (where the 'spensive houses live)




    and an exquisite pier picture...



    so many pictures of my pier I don't know which one to pick!!!!




    OK... I have to stop now... picture fatigue !!

    1 Comments:

    At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Beautiful photos!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home