MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Friday, August 11, 2006

This Hat Walked into a Bar....



Blogging! I'm blogging again!! (Yeah, like anyone cares... sigh).

Just a funny fun blog. I think I'm channeling Turtlegirl!. I took my trademark knit hats (which most of you possess) and added just a bit of 'fun' yarn (a fake fur/whatever kind of yarn). I saw the yarn at JoAnn's and got some for Turtle, cuz it seemed so cool.. I saved some and made a hat for me.


A heavy hat. These suckers have HEFT! Not a summer or even a fall hat, these babies are for winter...

in Russia...

But they're silly and I love them.

When I was up in Big Sur at the campground last time, all the little worker bees there saw my hat. (The nicest bunch of people; something about working in a place as pretty and (usually) quiet and cool that makes for happy people). Everyone wanted one, so I took color orders and proceeded to start knitting...

I mailed them out on Tuesday and they arrived yesterday. Since I don't charge for them, the reaction was pretty positive (I'm not stupid, you know).

At the worst, I figure kittens and squirrels will love to nest in them!

so... here they are!

and yes... I AM working on my tan....


7 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. Another reason for me to wish I'd moved to Colorado.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

awww.... (sniffles and wipes her eyes on her sleeve)..

 
At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful hats!! I didn't know you are a knitter.

 
At 4:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are fantastic - would you consider sharing the pattern?

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger St.Julien I said...

*sniffle*
I don't have one....

My hair looks naturally like that, though!

:)

And I CARE! SMOOCH!!!!!!
WE GOTTA TALK!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

hmm pattern... quite simple

I cast on 53 stitches on #10 1/2 needles (Wool ease Thick and quick).. I add some of that fun fur, any color while I'm knitting..

then it's Knit one Pearl 2 Knit two .... to the end
Pearl 1 Knit 2 Pearl 2 on the other side..
until you get about 10 inches... then knit to together each side until you get to 4 or so stitches... sew up the sides and

you're soooo there!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Heh - y'all will be assimilated too. Muah ha ha ha ha! Feel the knit!

They look great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home