MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Friday, March 31, 2006

A Pink Kentucky Morning...


Ok... enough family for a bit, let's go back to traveling! This picture is one of few that I've taken on the road. It's been scanned, so it's not perfect, but it still shows one of the reasons I love to travel.

It's all so beautiful...

This was a pink Kentucky morning. I have never seen this quality of light where I live. I've often said, although I've never been to Europe, given the time and the money I would still do this country over and over. It's so ever changing and so incredibly wondrous. Every corner I turn is a new place... something I haven't seen before, or something I've never seen 'in that light'. I would have to get really tired of this country to want to go somewhere else... although... hmm..

There is, on any normal sized map of the United States, a place that includes parts of Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina and Virginia. If you put a circle in the middle of the place where those states meet, you will find some of the most beautiful country anywhere. The Great Smoky Mountains. Gatlinburg. Maggie Valley. Pigeon Forge. The Blue Ridge Parkway.. (sigh). Horse farm after Horse farm. Cumberland Gap...

I could go on and on...

and I will...

sooner than later...

1 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger spdychevy said...

Miz,

There is this pinkish-orange-purple-shot-with-turquoise-&-pearl quality of light in certain parts of western Washington in the mornings and at night. Amazing that it's in Kentucky too.

I agree 110% with you, lol. This country, over and over again. It never fails to surprise, delight and amaze.

Shann from Washington, aka spdychevy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home