MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

(humming).. In the Mall for Christmas...



Back in the Galleria, the first place I was able to use WiFi... I feel like an old hand at it now. Hell, I feel like an old hand at just about everything now...

One of my favorite things to do at Christmas is to go and sit in the mall, cup of coffee in hand, and watch all the people who HAVEN'T finished their shopping go nuts...

I know...

but does it make me a BAD person?

I always attack Christmas early. I found, much to painfully, that to ignore Christmas is akin to ignoring that train coming at you while you're on the tracks doing your nails and wondering why everyone else is yelling. It catches up with you no matter what, and if you wait too long, the outcome is not good.

Christmas is such a part of most of our lives (or any other major holiday you might celebrate), that it cannot be just 'done away with'. You're kidding yourself if you think it works for you. There are too many memories, too many shiny eyed jump up and down clap your hands drink hot chocolate fall asleep under the tree cry from exhaustion moments stuck in your tiny psyche to just IGNORE Christmas.

You can avoid it.. take a cruise, go out to the woods, pick this time to run for public office (which, I would think, would wipe out any happy memory you might ever have), but you can't ignore it. soooo...

Because I've been alone for most of my Christmases (after Childhood) I attack it head on. (and let me add here that I DO have family with whom I spend Christmas... I'm talking about the whole lead in, the "Christmas Season" here). My cards are out by the first. My presents are wrapped and awaiting transfer to my sister's house, usually sometime in November, if I've had a good trip to do my shopping (like across the country). My tree is up and LOADED with lights, mirrors and tinsel. Music is on my radio in the car...

I'm THERE...

I'm DOWN with Christmas, so to speak..

We're BUDS...

and I love it from beginning to end...

me

2 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Blogger theshriek said...

You swaggering braggart. Had to rub our noses in your success.

Love ya anyway.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

ooo... swaggering braggart! OMG! I LOVE it! (runs off, repeating swaggering braggart until she falls to the floor)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home