MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Saturday, December 17, 2005

The White Cliffs of ... Santa Monica



When I used to get a break during the day from my Mother, I would go to this place. It's the cliffs at Santa Monica. You've seen it in just about every movie ever made about Los Angeles, as it's a truly pretty place. I would take my book and some stuff for the squirrels and sit and smoke, something I took up again after my Mother's first stroke... go figure. It took a bit to stop again, but since I couldn't sneak out of the house very often, it was accomplished with not too much mess.

There was something peaceful about these cliffs. They keep falling into the ocean, and the people who foolishly built homes on the edge of them pay the ultimate price. They somehow figured that, because THEY built that house, the cliffs would wait... stay their inevitable decay for THEM. (shaking my head)... it is a very Brentwood/Malibu/Pacific Palisades kind of attitude, and one of the things that makes living there such a bitch...

but...

certainly they are beautiful...

the cliffs, I mean....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home