MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Monday, December 12, 2005

A View From My Mother's Window...



This is the window in the bathroom in my Mother's house. One morning, when I chanced to look out as I got up very early, I noticed the sunrise. Noticing the view from my Mother's window became a daily joy. Occasionally I would drag Mom in to look, if she was already up and mobile... Not often, because the views were MINE. She never quite enjoyed them as i did, but it was something we could share.

I was going to write the GAN.. (Great American Novel) called "The View From My Mother's Window" about the time I spent caring for her after her strokes. I may still, but for now this little blog will have to do.

The view from my Mother's window changed daily. I will include some of the more spectacular sunrises after I finish this epistle. The view was something that I used every morning to gear me up for the very long day. It was my little happy happy joy joy moment. There was some great solace gained if the sunrise was particularly beautiful, and some further peace if it was glorious. It got me out of bed.

Caring for my mother was a life altering time. It was consuming, both physically and emotionally. For the longest time I only had a few hours to my self a week, and not enough time to do anything other than go to a movie, or sit in the park ALONE and frantically read a book. I also ate, as one of the things my Mother COULD do, as always, was watch and comment on what I consumed.

Then, Deadwood came to HBO. In my curiosity as to why Pete Dexter had not been included in the credits ( as I saw so much of his book (by the same name) in the first episode) I wandered on to the Deadwood posting boards. And started to meet some people...

and oh, my friends and ah, my foes, they gave such a wondrous light...

There, locked in my mother's house after putting her to bed, I had delicious, scant hours to talk to people. Adult people (well, SOME of them were.. ). and they kept me sane. and whole.

It is to those friends that I owe this blog. It is to those friends that I owe my last trip. It is to those friends that I am going to go as soon as I am able. It is to those friends that I owe so much I will never be able to ever tell them just how much.

Well, this was going to be a blog about caring for Mom, but it took another direction. It seems I have to remember how much I owe to this little on line community..

and to the views from my Mother's window...


2 Comments:

At 5:54 AM, Blogger theshriek said...

Oh MizM! Those sunrises! Thanks for sharing. -)

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Seems like oh so long ago doesn't it? But with time, we're all the better off for simply having each other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home