MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Settled in Florence...


I'm firmly ensconced in Florence, in my little campground, watching the birds eat the crackers I've left on the table. It finally got too cold to stay outside and read.

It's been so nice and quiet on this trip. It's let me read and nap and sleep without the constant sounds of a neighborhood. I can't say I miss that, as I've never really been without one. A neighborhood, that is. I can only say that I don't miss it now, and would like to spend at least a few good years without one. Maybe constant travel IS the answer.

It's rained on and off today, but once you get away from Bandon at least the wind drops. Bandon is probably the windiest part of this coast and yet it has, apparently, a world class golf course. I talked to a man last night who got soaked playing in 30 mile an hour winds and rain. He was happy as a clam...

I never understood golf (grin).


I drove around and checked out things. There are these beautiful pink trees blooming everywhere. I don't remember seeing them here before, but I'm rarely here this early in the year. They look like cherry trees, but may be a flowering version. No one in Moe's knew what they were.


and here's Moe's! I had a grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of what is purported to be the best clam chowder in the world. I won't argue with them.

This is definitely the off season for camping, so I have had no trouble getting 'lodging' so to speak. We'll see about the weekend. This little bed (see below) is not only comfortable for sleeping, but I can stack up the pillows on one end and make a decent couch/lounger out of it, where I can sit and read or do computer stuff with ease. I wish I'd known this 35 years ago!

2 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger Janet James said...

Well now doesn't this look like paradise! It's so pretty there and I wish I was with you instead of where I am.

I'm having fun with all my little nifty gifties. Everyone loves the folding cube with the Redwoods on it. I told everyone that they have NO IDEA just how cool you really are!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

awww.... I'm cool.... (wanders around telling everyone in Florence "I'm COOL!"

Hmmm... don't know as if they agree. Maybe it's the tone of voice?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home