MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fortunate? Fortuna!

So I'm in Fortuna. More than 700 miles and I'm STILL IN CALIFORNIA! It's much nicer here... it's starting to cool down, as there is supposed to be rain coming in tomorrow.. maybe.. (like I said, it's California, and if there one thing certain about California, it's that nothing is certain)...

Another long day of driving, but I did make a video for you (below).

Oh.. and I included some Pruneville Art. This little 'sculpture' was behind my camping spot (with the barking dogs and too many people and no one to talk to except for the guy who wanted to see some bracelets to me.. a real deal at just $8 (they were worth about 50 cents). I wonder how long the gloves have been there....



Another picture of the quaint San Fran street (19th street. one of only TWO ways to go through San Francisco... the other is the main highway, 101, which takes you THROUGH DOWNTOWN SAN FRANCISCO which, as I've mentioned, no longer needs the business). All these little houses share common walls... must be fun at night.


At Fortuna, which is a nice campground and a cute little town, I met someone in the gifty shop (you know me, I'm so shy). When I was discussing the spelling of my name he popped up and actually KNOWS a Schenck...

There are no big worlds, only little concentric circles that pull you into someone with whom you have something in common..

Go figure...

So I'm quiet and happy right now, and closer to Oregon than I was yesterday..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home