MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Florence Musings...


So I'm here for one more day. It's raining again, which suits me, but not the billions of dune buggy riders who came into the campground last night. I wonder how long the dunes will last.

I met some fun people last night.. actually, they came into MY camp space the night before, driven out by the smoke in their campground. It's usually me who goes searching. They had friends come out to visit last night and we sat and talked (well.. I talked) and then it started raining... Nice people. Lucky people, they live in Oregon.



In the camp site next to me was a couple from Germany, with an 8 month old baby. They usually tent camp, but rented the motorhome because of the baby. Very nice people, even though I never saw the kid... The Cruise America gave them away even before they spoke. It's the rental 'deal' and I see lots of visiting Germans in Big Sur in similar rigs.



Both groups offered to feed me! I politely refused, having met the chef of a small restaurant in town who offered to cook lunch for me. I had a Portabello mushroom sandwich, even though he wasn't actually cooking. We started talking about computers and books while in my favorite coffee place.

Yum.. yum... yum..

Spent the day seeing if it would be feasible to move Mom up here.. might not be. Got a cute picture of Mom and Kimmy and Rilynn from my sister. Mom looks very engaged.


and...

This is what I want to watch from my deck every day...

1 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Anonymous us.! said...

Mom and I just read this...great pix!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home