MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Monday, April 26, 2010

Beasts of the Sea..


Just one picture. Southern Oregon Coast is rife with these piles of rocks. They have named many of the which are supposed to resemble things, and other remain lost and forgotten. I showed you one picture on the way up. This is outside the campground at Harris Beach. I love these monoliths. They remind me of some pre history things that started to crawl out of the oceans when the earth was so young that there weren't names for them.. Then something.. freeze... comet... something stopped them as they struggled to rise out of the water and here they sit. Forever. On some of the beaches there are piles of driftwood, looking like so many bones from the more fragile of these beasts... They never cease to amaze me.

I had to get the thermostat replaced today. I could have driven home without it working properly, but couldn't stand the "service engine soon" button glaring at me on the way home. It put me off a day from my travels, but I'm not on a schedule so who cares.. I had a similar problem on my '62 Buick Le Sabre, but once I found out what it was, I had it removed from the vehicle... they are remarkably unnecessary in Southern California!

OH... and it's POURING here..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home