MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, December 13, 2009

How to Decorate a House With Cats in Residence...



Here are my decorations for Christmas. I thought I would put this first and then explain why, although I love Christmas decorations, I have limited myself to this. I photographed it from the side because the reflective power of the sculpture is overwhelming , so you don't see it at it's best.

Let me start by saying that the two cats that now own me are the ONLY two cats I've ever had that were hand picked... by me.

I got my first kitty when I was 2 and 1/2, and she was 'the cat to whom you compare all cats'. She died when I was 21, so I had her all of my life at home. She was tough and resilient and bold and fearless. She brooked no interference, took no prisoners and yet could be hand fed from a bottle when she was 14 years old. She was all alley and part persian which made her a fluffy tuffy.

We all loved her. Anything we had was hers, anything she had was hers.

Christmas was no problem. She took into stride anything or anyone who came in or out of either house. We added bunnies, hamsters, guinea pigs and birds. They were all in her care.

Good Kitty.

Smokey (original name, as she was grey Hey! I was 2!) .



I've been though a number of wonderful cats who had interesting traits and habits, but they all adopted me. Lucifer, our travel cat, was on of the most complacent kitties I've ever met. On the road or at home, it was all Ok with him. My last two kitties never touched anything in the house after being told once that there were RULES.

So, I finally go and select two cats allll on my own.

and they own me more than any.

and the house.

and I don't care.

HOWEVER, that being said, I'm not about to put a Christmas tree in their less than caring paws.

Hence the decorations they can't reach.

I do have a few things spread about the house that please me for Christmas... they have been spread about the house over and over, and not necessarily returned to the original bowl or basket or...

Well, you get the idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home