MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Friday, November 06, 2009

Egret.. in my front yard!!

I was sitting here, waiting for the termite guy when I saw this white THING. I thought, at first, that it was a sheet or something.

An Egret... in my front 'yard'... it's so beautiful! There are marshes north and south of here, but I've never seen one anywhere close to Manhattan Beach.

LOOK at that beautiful bird...

1 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice for you! That is the Great White Egret (Ardea alba) I am so blessed that he is very common here in Morro Bay. Not sure what he was doing there, but he will definitely grab little insects, lizards etc. any where he can find them. I have several pictures on my Flickr site of this gorgeous bird

www.flickr.com/morrobaychuck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home