MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, December 06, 2009

A Conversation in Line...


Since my last local friend moved away earlier this year, I have developed the frequent (and I"m certain annoying) tendency to talk to anyone. and everyone. at great lengths. at any time.

I don't know what effect this has on total strangers, but I do know that sometimes I have the most wonderful time!

Now I don't want all my long time, long distance mostly Deadwood people to feel left out, cuz you know I wear you out on the phone on a regular basis (for which I frequently apologize), but there's something about eye to eye contact that gives a conversation a needed.... well... oomph.

Case in point.

Today at the market, while I was stocking up for the up and coming flood they are predicting for our area (which will either NOT happen at all, or will drizzle for a couple of days and we'll all feel silly), I took up a conversation with the couple in front of me.

They were unloading bunches of stuff, a great deal of which seemed to be a surprise to her. This sparked a "you can never have TOO MANY CHIPS" epiphany that led to them telling me they were moving into a new house. I think they wanted to tell everyone, as well they should, but were relegated to me, as I am an ardent listener.

OK.. I lied about the listening part, as you all know, I talk much better than I listen, but I am TRYING to be better.

A new house. Their OWN house. We were all thrilled, and discussed the need to stock it to the roof with food (just in case of the flood or visitors or in case they had to bribe the not as outgoing neighbors).

The conversation was brief... well... not brief, as I said, there was a lot of food, brief enough and we all laughed and at least I came away feeling happy.

See what waiting in line can do for you?

Try it next time... and if they're rude... ?

Steal a bag of their chips...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home