MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Friday, November 04, 2005

On the road ag... BANG!



Just an aside. I learned that you check the tires on a motor home (there are 6 of them) by feeling them. If they are inordinately hot, it's a bad sign. I left Joseph one morning to go back to the coast. When you first start up with 6 tires, it takes some time for them to all 'get in round' together, but I noticed some bumping that seemed to last longer. Got out. Felt tires. Looked at tires.. nothing... it's 72 miles to the main highway from Joseph, and I stopped more than once and could find nothing. Stopped in La Grande to get gas. Looked at Tires.. felt tires.. NOTHING. Got on the main highway, where there is a center divider that bounces sound back at you. CLEARLY SOMETHING WRONG... crept off the ONLY exit that would take me back to town (I would have been stuck for MILES) ... crept back to town..

and look at the tire... (shudder)

me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home