MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Friday, October 21, 2005

He said, "Stand back, I'm gonna make it rain!"


After the rain. This picture was taken at my Mom's house, after a rain several years ago. I've always liked it.

Have you noticed all the songs I've been using as titles? WHAT? OH... good thing I reminded you...

I love a rainy night.

It rained this weekend. It's the first good rain of the season, and it was a dilly... a gully washer... and I enjoyed it as much as I could buried in my bed with my kitty. I hate not feeling well on a sunny day, but a rainy day doesn't make me feel guilty about not being 'productive'.

The first rain in Southern California typically sends this otherwise serious sensible sedate city into a tailspin. No one knows how to drive in the rain. Accidents balloon to an incredible rate, meetings are missed, cell phones are dropped, lunches are delayed and the world spins backwards on it's axis. All while I sit, contentedly oblivious, in the warmth of my cozy house.

sigh....

I had a fire in the fireplace last night, also the first of the season. Kitty and I settled in and watched the dancing flames and were happy that fall is coming, even as poor a season as fall is in Southern California.

It will be OK as long as it rains once in a while...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home